Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Might As Well Face It, You're Addicted to Love

I'm fairly certain that my dad isn't one of those guys who got married and was jumping up and down purporting that he couldn't wait to have babies.  My parents were married a long time before I was born and my dad hasn't really come around to the idea yet (in my opinion, anyway, god forbid he reads this in his free time).  My dad loved his Saab Turbo 900 (ours was a 2 door I think) and I can remember riding around in the car with the music blaring.

Blaring Robert Palmer.

I was probably 6 or 7 and went to a babysitter with a bunch of other kids.  They were singing the opening song from Strawberry Shortcake and the Care Bears.  I was on the swing set singing "Minus Well Faces, You're Addicted to Love".  In my mind, the song was about math and well digging and I assumed the rest was too adult for me to understand.

Picture it:  super thick glasses, a perm, mismatched clothes because I was dressed by a crazy woman, skipping around singing "Minus Well Faces".  Play the song, daddy!

I had to go to law school.  An advanced degree is the only way I'll be able to make enough per year to pay for all the therapy I'm going to need.

No comments: