Monday, March 24, 2008

Inaugural Post: Wigs Across America!


Greetings, friends! I present to you PANTSLESS ON JENIFER STREET, an online, cross-country collaboration by myself and those close to me.

Since today is my 25th birthday (let the quarter life crisis continue), I thought I would list a two year "gift" inventory received from my friend, Jennifer.

Last year, for my golden 24th birthday, I received Marjorie (on your left), a lovely head mannequin from Washington state. You can only imagine my excitement when I opened the UPS box and found Marj's big, blueish grayish eyes staring right in to mine! Jennifer had even curled her hair before sending her on her way to the District of Columbia. I obviously immediately removed her from her packaging and put her on the end of a broomstick so she could sit at the dinner table with me.

Marjorie and I have had a somewhat tumultuous relationship, which has concluded with Marj currently residing in my closet at my parents house. Mostly because, let's be honest, she's the scariest gift I've ever received in my whole life.

So you can only imagine my excitement when, exactly a year later, I received yet another piece of birthday correspondence from Jennifer. While it didn't come in the same packaging, it came in an oversized golden envelope, which had to be good. I tore open the packaging, to find the following note scrawled on wide ledgered 3 hold punch paper:

"Helgie--
A new job deserves a new look--see p. 27."
Yours,
JL Machacek
USD Law Class of 2008

I moved the note only to find a catalog from TheWigCompany.com, the internet's premier clearing house for women's wigs. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.

2 comments:

Minneapolis said...

Shelgie- Unless you are planning on living to 100, your quarter life crisis began a couple of years ago... doesn't that make you feel better?

Novice Wonk said...

Oh, see. No need to worry now, you should have done it years ago. I'm glad it was a gifts inventory from Jennifer, as my gifts are more ephemeral and less fit for public consumption.