Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Friendly Beasts


The Sinkside Barnyard. Where do I even start? Many think it is just a myth, but today for the first time, I bring you the first ever picture of the Sinkside Barnyard taken on my cell phone camera to show you that yes, it really does exist. I guess it's really more of a ranch, as there is no barn in sight. But I digress.

The Sinkside Barnyard is located on the window sill in the kitchen at my parents house and is comprised of various miniature plastic animals including, but not limited to, cows, a turkey, a goose, chickens, and a border collie to make sure they don't wander off the window sill to a certain death by drowning in dirty dishwater.

You may be thinking "oh, that's not THAT weird. Those plastic animals must've been Sarah's when she was little and now they've been placed on the window sill for whatever reason." Well, you would be W-R-O-N-G. My mother (Bethy) purchased them only a few years ago on one of her trips out to Montana to see my grandparents and subsequently placed her new menagerie where they still graze today, as if by placing them in a sunny window they would grow to their real size. Just yesterday, however, she told me she had some reservations about her flock of farm beasts: "I really don't like how the pigs are the same size as the rabbit. "

Oh Bethy, your life is so rough. What will I do when I finally move out of my parents house and Sinkside Barnyard is no where to be found?! What will I do when the herd of little plastic faces no longer stare at me when I'm taking my vitamins in the morning?! Le sigh.

1 comment:

Novice Wonk said...

I'm sending you mini animals as a housewarming present.