Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Love at Underwater World


It is important background for this story that Jennifer currently resides in Vermillion, South Dakota, and when she comes to visit in Minneapolis, she insists we go to the Mall of America (won't she be upset when she finds out Nickelodeon has taken over the Park at MOA) , ride the Paul Bunyan log ride, and go to Hooters to eat chicken wings (classy!).

The last time we partook of such an adventure, Jennifer saw the character pictured here outside Underwater World, the aquarium at MOA. She became fairly infatuated with who we would begin to call Sharky. So infatuated, in fact, that she decided to post a Missed Connection on Craigslist for him, which is posted here:

MOA Special Moment - 24


Reply to: pers-156235096@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-30, 11:19PM CDT


Was I wrong or did we have a moment?

YOU: strolling near the escalator outside of Underwater World looking cute and wearing a shark costume.

ME: pretty girl with curly blond hair with 2 of my friends, pants still damp from log ride en route to Hooters for chicken wings and beer.

I thought I saw you catch my eye...hit me back to chat.

  • this is in or around Underwater World
  • no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Lucky for us, Sharky reads missed connections, because lo and behold, Jennifer received this response:

From: mike j
To: pers-156235096@craigslist.org
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 06:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: shark
i can't believe someone has left a message on here for
me. I'm sorry i see alot of women everyday, please
re-fresh my memory


At least we know his name now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To Jennifer - that is a new low I didn't even know about. You should be embarrassed by your deficient performance. Since when did men in giant shark costumes get you excited...oh wait, he had a penis...that's right... nevermind. Just remember, I will still be your friend even if you date a man in a giant shark costume because I'm sure there are worse out there...well you know :)